PAW allows for easy plugin of Handlers (filter outgoing requests) and Filters (filter incoming data - the HTML response) and a GUI for end users. All the configuration files are in XML-Format and thus easy to modify (even without the GUI).
It's aim is to provide an easy to use interface for end users and to be easily extendable by developers. PAW consists of the followig components:
- PAW Server which implements the filtering HTTP Proxy.
- PAW GUI for easy PAW Server administration.
PAW is published under a modified Apache License to be as open as possible.
Internally the following Java components are used:
- SUN Brazil Framework
- HTTP/HTTPS support
- Pluggable Handlers/Filters. See Handler and Filter list.
- Remote adminitstration with PAW GUI.
- XML Configuration files.
- Import Filters/Handlers
- Modify Request/Response Headers
- Export of Handlers/Filters
- Editing of Handerl/Filter definition